State Agriculture Resources

The State of Wisconsin offers a variety of resources for farmers throughout the state. Below is a list of resources we feel are most useful to our farm members.


Not seeing something you're looking for? Just click here to send us a message, and let us know what information we can find for you. Someone will get back to you shortly.

Industrial Hemp in WI

The administrative rules that will dictate the implementation of the new industrial hemp law in Wisconsin are set to be released the week of February 26th. By Friday, March 2nd, the license application will be available through DATCP.

Visit the Industrial Hemp information page from DATCP for more information on regulations and the application process.

DATCP Farm Center

The State of Wisconsin's Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection (DATCP) provides support to Wisconsin's farmers with a variety of services.

- Tips on hiring a farm consultant

- Technical Assistance

- Agriculture Development

- Mediation and Arbitration

- Rural Electric Power Services

- Farm Transfers

Contact the DATCP Farm Center at 1-800-942-2474 or visit their website by clicking here.

Property Tax Relief

There are programs available for assisting Wisconsin's senior citizens with their property taxes through the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA).

The program provides loans to qualifying elderly homeowners, and the principal and interest are repaid when the homeowner transfers ownership of their home.

The property tax deferral loan program is available by contacting WHEDA directly at 1-800-755-7835.

Ag Producer Security Program

The Agriculture Producer Security Program (APS) is designed to protect producers from financial default by those who purchase their products.

The program includes dairy, grain, and vegetables (excluding potatoes), and does not include fruit.

Under this program, if a processor defaults on their payments or contract with a producer, DATCP would make a payment to the farmers, and then attempt to recover the financial loss through the Wisconsin court system.

To learn more about this DATCP program, or to file a claim, contact the Agriculture Producer Security Council at 608-224-4998 or by clicking here.

Use Value Land Assessment

Agricultural land in Wisconsin is taxed using the Use Value Land Assessment measurement, but many confusion still remains when it comes to reclassifying land, what types of activities qualify as agricultural use, and more.

The Department of Revenue (DOR) has an all-inclusive website available that lists frequently asked questions available by clicking here.

If you require more information beyond what is provided on their site, contact WPT directly by clicking here.